Monday, August 27, 2007

7 Ways of Looking at a Deadline

I
I look at the clock,
It is due 23 hours from now.
I have just enough time,
If I get a good start on it.
So I feel relaxed.

II
School finishes
And I manage to scribble out a few words.
I think there is a good amount of time to finish.

III
My after school practice is over;
19 hours left,
2 of them I’ll be eating and doing things that I usually do,
8 of them I’ll be sleeping,
And 4 of them I’ll be in class the next day.
So I basically have about 5 hours to complete it.
That’s a lot of time…Right?

IV
I get home and scribble down a little more,
But end up having to do other homework
Even though time passes, there should be enough time to finish

V
I wind up scribbling more down before I go to bed.
Will I have enough time tomorrow during my breaks to finish it?

VI
The next day I have 3 hours of break,
And I realize later on that there are only 2 hours left.
I finish my scribbling
But now I have to arrange my thoughts and type it out
And I start to worry,
There isn’t much time left to finish it all.

VII
Because I start to worry,
I start to get into the zone to finish it.
I jam for a while without looking at the clock and I finally finish.
But what time is it?
My heart skips a beat
Am I late for class?
I turn to the clock quickly…
1 hour left
Relief runs over me.
I feel great that I finally got it finished before the deadline.

No comments: